Sunday, April 17, 2011

30 Day Project: Works In Progress

So far my 30 day subject, Brendan, has been really open to everything that I have done with the project. Not only have I done a second interview with him, his mom and two older sisters, I also hung out with his friends after their school day on Friday and took pictures/ gathered audio and video of them playing basketball and video games. I was also able to get some photos/audio of Brendan roasting marshmallows with his mom and sisters after they ate dinner on Saturday night before I did the second round of interviewing.

I am happy with what I have so far, however there are certain things that are a little difficult. The lighting in Brendan's home is really dim and dark, so it was hard to find a great place for the interviews. I was able to make the interview sound and look better than the first, which I was happy about. It is also hard to get much time with Brendan with his mom because they are in the middle of selling their house and house hunting as well. Because they are so busy I have to take the time that I get, even if it isn't as much as I would like. I've only been able to be around at night, which adds to the dim lighting problems.

This week I am planning out a morning to ride with Brendan to middle school in the morning to photograph his mom dropping him off as well as his homeroom and lunch/recess. He and his sisters are also going to be at their dad's house this next weekend, and I plan on interviewing him about his experience and gather more photos of Brendan with his family.

Here is what I have gotten so far from the past weekend (note: none of them have been toned or color corrected in any way yet).











I have really enjoyed this project so far and look forward to the final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment