Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fill and Balancing

This assignment wasn't as stressful as the color correction for me. I was able to take fill flash as well as balancing flash. My favorite of the two is the photo that I got with balancing flash. I was walking downtown and looking for shops with big windows when I saw a group of girls in the window at ACME t shirts. I walked into the store and they let me make pictures of them. This is my select for the assignment.


Brianna Lawrence, Jodie Walker and Lyndsay Dickson look at examples of t-shirt designs in ACME t- shirt company on Ninth Street on Tuesday, November 10. "We're trying to design a shirt for students in the Ultrasound Program," said Dickson, who is also a part of the Ulrasound Program at Mizzou.

I shot this photo with an ISO of 200, an aperture at f/6.7 and shutter speed of 1/125. I really like this photo because it is pretty clear what they are doing. Their emotion also seems to work in this photo because they are all staring that the design and debating what they want to do for their own shirts. The only problem that I have with this photo is that the background is too light. I wish that I would have taken more with a darker background so that the buildings outside didn't look so overexposed.


For my fill flash, I ran into girls in Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority who were giving away pink lemonade as well as selling "I Love Boobs" shirts for their philanthropy that benefits breast cancer research. Here is my favorite take from the fill flash portion of the assignment.





It was a little hard to shoot these girls because their booth was in the shade the entire time. I also wish that I had a different lens with me because all I had was an 18 to 55 lens that isn't full frame (it is from my older camera and isn't completely compatible with my new camera.)

All in all, I feel that this assignment was really helpful and it is something that I will definitely have to be aware of and use in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment